Hi there! I saw this on @Maxxesbooktopia and thought I would do it too! Comment if you agree or disagree, your thoughts, your argumentative reasoning, etc. and you should do it too!
- Do you get sick while reading in the car?
Yes. Unfortunately I cannot read in the car. I am a firm believer in ‘keep you eye on the horizon!’
- Which author’s writing style do you find completely unique?
I have to say that I love Kami Garcia’s writing style, but that could be because I’m reading Beautiful Creatures at the moment. I just really love how she writes. Extremely Honourable mention: Tahereh Mafi
- Harry Potter or The Twilight Saga?
Twilight. Irrevocably. I have always loved the series. I don’t really think ‘love’ is a strong enough word. Yes! You have discovered a Twi-hard! But no, I don’t have posters all over my room or an Edward Cullen duvet cover. I also really like Harry Potter, though! Who doesn’t?
- Do you carry a book bag? If so, what’s in it?
No, I don’t. I just have my school backpack ~on weekdays~ and then this somewhat oversized handbag for the rest of the time that always has a book or my kindle in it if I’m using it. I’m really conscious of taking books to school though because I’m scared they’ll get ruined in my backpack!
- Do you smell your books?
Yes. Don’t we all?
- Do you prefer books with or without illustrations?
Without, most often, but it does depend on the book. Everyone likes a nice doodle beside chapter headings.
- What book did you love while reading but discover later on that it wasn’t quality writing?
I’m not sure. Nothing comes to mind.
- What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
O Frabjous Day! by Lewis Carroll – a poetry book.
- What is the thickest book on your shelf?
The Complete Works of William Shakespeare and, no, I most certainly have not read all of it. Yet (Glances nervously at TBR pile…).
- When did you get into reading?
I have always been a reader. I was always that kid astounded that her classmates find reading a chore.
- Do you write as well as you read?
This is a difficult question. I love to write, but reading is so much easier. THE WORDS ARE ALREADY THERE! PLOT HOLES HAVE BEEN RECTIFIED FOR YOUR ENJOYMENT (hopefully). I procrastinate writing by reading. Slightly ironic? My friend Abi is always asking me to write and that’s good because I don’t think I’d ever finish a novel otherwise. At least not in this stage of life! I don’t think I could be an author full-time, but I’m considering going into editing.
- What is your favourite classic book?
If you count Romeo and Juliet, then that, but otherwise I must admit classics aren’t my thing. I’ve tried to read a bunch of them and given up.
- What is your best subject in school?
- If you were given a book that you had read before and hated, what would you do?
Thank the person graciously and place it in an unobtrusive spot on my bookshelf.
- What is your favourite word?
TOUGH QUESTION. I love words. I think ‘circumlocution’ would have to be my favourite, though (The use of many words where fewer would do, especially in an attempt to be vague or evasive (no I did not look that up)).
- Are you a nerd, dork or dweeb?
A nerd, I think.
- Vampires or fairies? Why?
Vampires! I just love vampires. Modern-day, maybe-sparkle-in-the-sun vampires. Not creepy ones. *This could stem solely from my adoration for The Twilight Saga and my love for The Vampire Diaries.
- What is a bad habit (besides rambling) that you always do while blogging?
I kind of just started here! I’m not sure of my bad habits yet… maybe constantly checking my notifications.
- Shapeshifters or angels? Why?
To be perfectly honest I don’t have that much experience with either ~mythical~ being. I really liked Jace from The Mortal Instruments, and he had angel blood, right… does that count? Jacob from Twilight was technically a shapeshifter, so let’s just say I don’t pick a side here.
- Last but not least: Full-on romance books or action-packed with a view love scenes mixed in?
Depends on my mood, I suppose. I like both.
The End! *cue dramatic outtro*